- AgHealth News, a publication of the Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety
- AgConnections, a quarterly newsletter for the NIOSH Agricultural Centers' Initiative
- Pesticides & PPE
- Forestry WPS Poster
- Identification of Repetitive Trauma Hazards in the Orchard and
Lumbering Industry. Miles
JA and Steinke WE. Unpublished report prepared for the
National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health, January
- Report on Children Hired as Farmworkers in Western US
Agriculture. Villarejo, D.
California Institute for Rural
- The Nation's Most Hazardous Industry: Agricultural Health and Safety Report.
Kristen Weeks, A. Laviolette, M. Stiles, and J.
Grieshop. Department of Applied Behavioral Sciences, College
of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Davis, CA. November,
- Tractor Safety: A Bilingual Multi-Media Training Module: James
I. Grieshop, Martha C. Stiles, I.V. Domingo, Jenny Rodriguez,
printed through University of California-Davis Reprographics,
Dept. of Applied Behavioral Sciences, 1993.
- Workplace Health and Safety Violations in Agriculture:
Epidemiology and Implications for Education and Enforcement
Policy. McCurdy SA,
Villarejo D, Stoecklin M. A report for the California Policy
Seminar. December 27, 1996.
- Identifying Preventable Risk Factors for Farm
Injuries by Layde PM, Stueland D, Nordstrom DL, Olson KA,
Follen MA, Brand L, Konitzer K, Herr J, Leick I and Lezotte C.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention PB94-134443, 1993.
American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks.
Published by the National Children's Center for Rural and
Agricultural Health and Safety. Tel: 888-924-SAFE (7233).
- "Occupational Injuries in Agriculture: A 35-State Summary" by
Hoskin AF, Miller TA, Hanford WD and Landes SR.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and
Health, US Department of Health and Human Services.
- "The health of migrant farm workers." by Meister JS. In:
Occupational Medicine State of the Art Reviews: Health Hazards
of Farming. Cordes DH and Rea DF, eds., Hanley and Belfus,
Inc., Philadelphia, pp. 503-518, 1991.
- Una GuÌa para Trabajadores AgrÌcolas de
California, by Martinez H. California Institute for Rural Studies.
The following videos may be borrowed or purchased as 1/2" VHS cassettes from: University of California, ANR Catalog.
- Jorge's New Job: Getting Tested for Cholinesterase.
English & Spanish #6560D
- Long Term Health Effects of Pesticide Exposure.
- Pesticide Safety in the Greenhouse.
English and Spanish #6510D
- Safe Handling of Pesticides.
English and Spanish #6518D
- Training Greenhouse Workers to Handle Pesticides Safely.
English, Spanish andJapanese #6511D
- Pesticide Safety for Small Farms
English and Spanish #6565D; Hmong and Lao #6566D
La Loteria de los Pesticidas (produced by the IPM Pesticide Education Program). Played like bingo, this innovative teaching tool will make training sessions more interesting and enjoyable and help workers retain more of what they have been taught. The pictures and messages on the cards highlight important farmworker pesticide use and safety concerns in a way that pierces cultural barriers hindering effective communication of health and safety information to Spanish-speaking workers. Each package consists of 16 game boards, a deck of 54 cards, and complete instructions in both Spanish and English. All game pieces are printed in full color on heavy card stock to last through many sessions. DANR Publication #3355, $15.00.